Application & Enrolment Information
If you are unable to find the enrolment information you are looking for here, please contact us directly on 1300 996 573.
Some courses at Kimberley Training Institute may require you to meet minimum entrance requirements. Some courses may also need to address selection criteria. Please contact us to discuss requirements.
Students are responsible for the payment of their fees. Where any employer or job service agency has signed an agreement with Kimberley Training Institute to pay fees and charges on behalf of a student, we will accept purchase orders and then raise the invoice to the organisation. All fees are payable at time of enrolment. For your convenience, we accept cash, EFTPOS, Visa and Mastercard.
Whilst Kimberley Training Institute will at all times endeavour to collect fees from third parties, please note that where fees remain unpaid, students remain liable for payment of the related debt. Your fees are comprised of 3 areas:
(a) Service Fees
(b) Tuition Fees
(c) Resource Fees.
A student remains liable for fees even if they withdraw from training. (subject to the Refunds Policy).
Kimberley Training Institute is unable to accept admission to study where students have previously defaulted on the payment of charges and where they have an outstanding debt. All debts must be cleared prior to re-enrolment in the current training course or any new training course.
To view the 2013 VET Fees and Charges policy, click here. Please note these fees apply to Western Australian students only.
When to enrol
Kimberley Training Institute prides itself on flexible delivery. That is, we deliver training to you when you need it. We undertake formal enrolments at the commencement of each semester, however we also accept enrolments throughout the academic year and work with you to ensure your course of study is manageable as part of your everyday life.
How to enrol
Before enrolling at Kimberley Training Institute, we suggest you make an appointment with a lecturer in your area of interest. This will help ensure that you:
- Are enrolling in training that complements what you want to achieve.
- Have the appropriate pre-requisites for the course.
- Understand your study obligations.
- Know when, where or how your classes will be delivered.
The quickest and easiest way to apply to study at Kimberley Training Institute is to contact our customer service team on 1300 996 573 who will contact the relevant lecturer to speak with you about your enrolment. Alternatively pop into one of our six campuses and one of our helpful Customer Service Officers will make an appointment for you.
There a number of things we need to share with you about withdrawing from training and re-enrolling in training.
- Students who enrol in assessable subjects and do not complete the assessment requirements will receive a HOLD or RE-ENROL result unless they have formally withdrawn from the subject within 50% of module/unit of competency duration. Students may formally appeal an assessment result.
- Students who withdraw formally within 50% of the time allocation of any modules/units of competency will have no evidence of their withdrawal lodged on their academic statement. Students who withdraw after that date will have the subject name and RE-ENROL result included on their academic statement.
- Re-enrolment in a subject that a student has failed twice is not permitted, unless approval has been obtained from the Training Director.
- Students may not re-enrol in a subject which the student has passed, unless approval has been obtained from the Training Director. Where approval has been given, the cost of the subject will be charged at a higher hourly rate. Online enrolment.
- Kimberley Training Institute has introduced the Student Portal. The Student Portal enables you to enrol on line and securely pay using Commweb. Go to Login<hyperlink> to access the Student Portal. Results
- Assessment results will not be given over the phone. Active students can look up their results in the Student Portal . Otherwise, all results will be posted to your nominated postal address, so please ensure that changes to your address details are made prior to completion of your training.
At the completion of your Certificate/Diploma/Advanced Diploma you should submit an ‘APPLICATION FOR AWARD’
in the semester in which the award was completed. Please note that if you would like a qualification from another Australian Registered Organisation recognised by Kimberley Training Institute, supporting documentation such as certified copies of previous awards will be required.
Changes to your Enrolment
Please contact us on 1300 996 573 if you require advice on what to do if any of the below occur:
- You change your name or address
- You wish to:
- Withdraw from your course/module/unit of competency
- Withdraw from any subject
- Transfer to another class time for any subject enrolment
- Transfer to another TAFE institution
- Enrol in additional subjects
Please note: Kimberley Training Institute collects student information to complete the enrolment process and to maintain and improve the quality of the Vocational Education and Training System. Enrolment details may be passed onto Government agencies, or representatives hereof, and remain confidential to those agencies. Students may also be contacted to participate in surveys, essential to monitoring the quality of our service. The WA Public Sector Management Act (1994) and the State Records Act (2000) provide protection against the misuse of student information.
IN ORDER TO PROCEED WITH YOUR ENROLMENT YOU MUST ACCEPT THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.